While stumbling around the blogverse, I came across this 2017 Audiobook Challenge hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I know it’s already May, but since I’ve listened to quite a few audiobooks this year, I thought I’d join in on the fun!
I listen to audiobooks as often as I can. Mostly when I’m driving or walking to work. At this point in 2017, I think I’ve completed more audiobooks than I’ve read physically. I really enjoy playing Fire Emblem and was completely obsessed with Fire Emblem Fates from the time I got Birthright on Christmas until about March when I finished Revelation. Since it can take me up to an hour to complete one level, I’ve mastered the art of playing the game while listening to an audiobook, so I’ve gotten a lot done that way.
So I thought I’d challenge myself to listen to more audiobooks this year than I did last year. At some point I’ll do a post discussing audiobooks and whether or not it counts as reading (spoiler alert: it does).
I will, occasionally, finish off books I’ve started reading in physical (well, for me, ebook) form with the audiobook. For the sake of this challenge, I am not including those. I am only including books I consumed entirely on audio. I’ll list partial audios below!
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 6-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 11-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 16-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 21-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 31+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 51+
This list will continually be updated as I go. (:
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare | January 5 – January 19
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare | January 20 – February 16
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare | February 22 – February 28
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare | February 28 – March 6
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell | March 6 – March 9
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare | March 10 – March 21
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare et. al. | March 21 – March 28
- Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare et. al. | March 29 – April 6
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare | April 7 – May 6
- The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak | May 4 – May 5
- Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky | May 6 – May 7
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West | May 8 – May 10
- On the Fence by Kasie West | May 10 – May 13
- Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan | May 13 – May 16
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor | May 16 – May 25
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz | May 25 – May 27
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare | November 20, 2016 – January 5, 2017
- The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani (completed remaining 70% on audio) | January – February 2017
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (completed remaining 50% on audio) | April 2017
What do you guys think? Do you guys like listening to audiobooks? Are any of you participating in the challenge? Let me know in the comments!